Carpet stains can be hard to fully prevent despite all efforts made. Whether it’s spilling a glass of wine or muddy shoes entering, carpet stains can are essentially inevitable. It’s all about how you deal with them that matters the most. Having a plan of attack for carpet stains can save you time, money, and help preserve the well being of your property. Follow these tips to help preserve your carpeting.
Remember that the best time to clean up most spots and spills is immediately after they occur. Be sure to pretest a small area to ensure that the fabric will not bleed or be damaged during treatment.
1. Blot up as much liquid as possible with a clean cloth.
2. If the material is dry, loosen any residue with the dull edge of a knife or spatula.
3. Scrape and vacuum up as much of the residue as you can.
4. Dampen a clean cloth with the proper cleaning agent for the particular kind of spot.
5. Blot area gently, working from the outer edge to the center of the spot. Turn the cloth frequently so you are always using a clean portion of the cloth.
6. Repeat step 6 until the spot is removed or until you no longer have a transfer spot on your cloth.
7. Blot the spot with water and remove any excess moisture.
8. Align the carpet pile and protect the area from any traffic to allow it to dry.
Remember, acting quickly and following these helpful carpet cleaning tips will save your carpets and save you money. For more information on carpet cleaning tips or for carpet cleaning services in Owings Mills, contact ServiceMaster Commercial Services of Carroll County.